|The W900A produces a picture so realistic you might just forget you're watching TV. Color, clarity and detail are at their best in everything you watch with Sony's exclusive X-Reality PRO picture processing technology. The new TRILUMINOS display presents a wider range and more brilliant colors than ever seen on a TV before. Other features, like built-in Wi-Fi and smartphone compatibility put you in control, so can enjoy even more entertainment. || |
Color, clarity and detail at their best
The W900A displays everything you watch – HD movies, sports, YouTube clips and home movies – in clarity and detail so real it’s like looking through a window. Sony’s X-Reality Pro engine restores images to their original beauty with rich colors and high contrast for our most lifelike picture ever.
More brilliant color than
See a wider range and more brilliant colors than ever with Sony's unique TRILUMINOS display, giving you our most authentic viewing experience ever. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid, while faces look better with more natural skin tones.
When you watch a kickoff at the stadium, the ball doesn’t blur from left to right. Recreating natural motion with reduced judder and less blur, Motionflow XR 960 helps you see each end-over-end rotation by taking motion clarity beyond refresh rates, which are only measured in Hz, to quadruple the motion effect so you see everything as if you were there.
The difference is dynamic
It's all about perfecting a natural look. Dynamic Edge LED backlighting with local dimming displays your movies and shows with tremendous accuracy and detail, especially in dark scenes where details tend to get lost. Contrast boost in just the right areas creates pitch-black night scenes and bright scenes that pop with vibrant color.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the W900A, Sony is helping you add
value to the entertainment you
Go beyond cable with
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the internet or your home network using built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always at your fingertips. By connecting to the Internet you can access Full HD 1080p entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, Facebook and more1.
|Sound that’s all around you |
Whether you’re watching movies, live concerts, drama or sports – enjoy rich, dynamic sound from your TV speakers that feels like it’s filling the room. Unique to Sony, S-Force Front Surround technology processes audio signals to create an immersive, finely detailed soundstage that pulls you right into the heart of the action. An enlarged ‘sweet spot’ lets you enjoy optimum audio reproduction, even if you’re not sitting dead-center right in front of the TV screen. It’s the perfect way to enhance your viewing experience, with sound you might expect from a dedicated multi-channel surround sound system.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the W900A, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own.
1. Using a Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect your smartphone to the TV to literally “mirror” what’s seen on the smartphone screen. Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV screen. You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it’s charging from the TV5.
2. Using screen mirroring technology, you can connect phones that are Miracast enabled to the TV2.
3. Using One-touch mirroring with NFC technology, briefly place your compatible Xperia smartphone to the one-touch remote. You’ll instantly be able to view exactly what is on your smartphone’s screen on the TV6.
| ||In-your-face 3D action |
Brace yourself for pure 3D excitement that feels like you're standing alongside the actors. Through advanced Active 3D technology, immerse yourself in Full HD 1080p clarity and phenomenal 3D picture quality. Just slide on the comfortable 3D active glasses and enter a whole new dimension3. Four pairs included.
Control TV with your smartphone
Control the TV or browse your local channel guide using the TV SideView app on your smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS), all without interfering with what you’re watching on the TV. Learn more about the show you’re watching with information like cast and episode details. Search what’s available to watch on TV, Internet videos and apps like Netflix. Once you find what you want, you can select to view it on the TV. Make your viewing more social by Tweeting about the show from your mobile device2.
You will never lose your TV manual again. The iManual is available through the menu system on the TV – always there if you need it.
| ||Twice the fun: 2?player games with no split screen |
Say goodbye to split screen. Now you and a friend can both experience your own big-screen view of the action as you play nail-biting games on your PlayStation 3 system. SimulView gaming presents two separate pictures: each player watches independently through Simulview glasses7. There’s already a growing choice of SimulView game titles available.
Inspired by the sharp edges and color found in quartz crystals the Quartz-cut design brings a new edge to TV with a hint of translucent color that emphasizes the hidden gem within. Brilliant color, sharp detail and an overall sense of beauty can be found in the thin border that traces the edge of the TV screen.
Life-sized video calls
It's like they're in the room with you. Skype video calls bring your family and friends closer than ever as they appear as large as life on your big screen—for free1. Just connect the easy-to-use Skype camera (sold separately) for a face-to-face look at the caller on the beauty of your Sony HDTV.
1. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Skype requires CMU-BR100 or CMU-BR200 camera sold separately. Subject to Skype's terms and conditions.
2. Requires smartphone with Wi-Fi certified Miracast technology. Certain formats are not supported.
3. Requires 3D content, 3D player, HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps) sold separately.
4. Requires active internet connection and devices connected to the same wireless home network.
5. Requires Mobile High Definition Link-compatible smartphone to be connected to the TV with a Mobile High Definition Link cable, sold separately.
6. Requires compatible Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Xperia smartphone. Certain formats are not supported.
7. PS3 system sold separately.