Are Keurig Coffee Makers BPA Free – What You Need To Know
It may bother you that lots of foods and beverages these days contain BPA, which we may never know. BPA in our food is toxic and can have serious harmful effects on our bodies. Some of our appliances may have it if not examined properly before purchasing. There are coffee makers in the market that claim to be BPA-free. So you might be wondering, are Keurig coffee makers BPA free? Let's find out.
What is BPA?
You may often see products that claim that they are BPA-free. To know the answer to “Are Keurig coffee makers BPA free?” you need to know what BPA is and what products contain it. They are:
- Canned Goods – The metal in canned goods is made up of plastic to help prolong the food's shelf life.
- Water Bottles – If bought before the year 2012, your water bottles may contain it. But if you just bought it recently, there is no need to worry.
- Cash Register Receipts – Although manufacturers nowadays make BPA-free paper, it still has a BPS which may cause harmful effects similar to BPA.
- Water Tanks of Coffee Makers – Yes, the water tanks inside our coffee makers are made of plastic, which bothers people because it has a direct contact with the coffee we drink.
Harmful Effects of BPA
To know if Keurig coffee makers are BPA free, let's scrutinize the harmful effects of BPA products.
- Negative effects on babies
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
What is Keurig Coffee Maker
Since you already know the harmful effects of BPA products, let's answer the question, “Are Keurig coffee makers BPA free?”
Keurig coffee maker is one of the market's favorite drip coffee maker. It claims many practical features.
- Cup sizes selection – You can press which cup size you want, and it will brew your coffee quickly.
- Brews quickly – You don't need to wait for a couple of minutes for your coffee. This product brews for just a minute.
- It has 48 hours reservoir – You can have more brewing for it contains 48 hours reservoir which makes it convenient to use.
- Automatic turn-off program – To save electricity, you can program it to automatically turn off two hours after your last brew.
- Travel mug friendly – You can easily remove its drip tray to fill your travel mug.
It might be disgusting to know that the food or beverage we intake contains BPA, which is toxic to us. Now that you have been already enlightened about the question “Are Keurig coffee makers BPA free?” you can be more careful. Also, we should always remember to be mindful of the products we purchase. Make sure to search online and check if those products might be harmful to our health.
February 2, 2021
By: Daniel Rizzo
The smell of coffee is a great way to jumpstart your mornings. But have you taken a look at your coffee maker recently and asked yourself, are coffee makers safe?
February 1, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
To help you make coffee fast and easy, there are different coffee makers in the market today. Every household has a different coffee maker depending on their needs.