How Deep Is A Counter Depth Refrigerator – A Guide
Can you imagine how beautiful your kitchen would be if everything looks like it fits just right? That's what a counter-depth fridge does. It blends in with your counter, creating a seamless look. But how deep is a counter depth refrigerator? Let's talk more about these sleek refrigerators below!
Tips To Measuring Counter Depth Refrigerators
A counter depth refrigerator generally has a depth of 30 inches. But in computing how deep is a counter depth refrigerator, we have to include other factors, like handles, knobs, and other hardware. Measuring how deep is counter depth refrigerator can be affected by the cabinet cutouts around your kitchen.
Here are some tips for measuring counter-depth refrigerators:
- Determine your refrigerator's location
- Pay attention to the depth, height, and width of your cabinet cutout.
- You can also place your fridge at the end of a row of cabinets as an alternative.
- Get the exact width, depth, and height measurement of your fridge's final space.
- Measure depth
- Start from the wall to the edge of your countertop.
- The depth measurement of your counter should be 24-25 inches.
- Make sure there is an inch space between the wall and the back of the fridge for ventilation.
- The refrigerator box must extend at least 2 inches so its doors can open.
- Measure width
- Counter depth refrigerator size is wider than regular refrigerators.
- Measure the width at the narrowest point.
- If one side of your fridge is next to a wall, leave 4 inches so the door can open at least 90 degrees.
- Measure height
- Start measurement from the floor to the bottom of any cabinets above the fridge.
- Subtract half-inch from measurement for ventilation.
How To Choose A Counter Depth Refrigerator
A counter-depth fridge, unlike any regular refrigerators, offers a seamless look to your kitchen. But now that we know how deep is a counter depth refrigerator, finding the right one for your kitchen might prove challenging. Here are some quick tips to help you choose:
- Storage – Depending on the size of the family, you will have to take storage capacity into consideration.
- Style – Some counter-depth refrigerators offer customized panels. This way, it can blend with your existing cabinetry.
- Features – You can choose a range of functions from ice and water access in the door to built-in television for the whole family to enjoy
- Cost – When deciding on a counter-depth fridge, you should factor in the cost. How much are you willing to spend on a fridge that will give your kitchen a seamless look?
- Energy efficiency – Check on appliances with an energy efficiency label so you can save money on electricity in the long run.
The kitchen can be organized and streamlined at the same time because of counter-depth refrigerators. And knowing how deep is a counter depth refrigerator can help you achieve just that, giving you more reasons to love your kitchen.
November 4, 2020
By: Donna Alden
It’s close to impossible fitting in household chores, errands, and work in a day. And one of the most time-consuming activities at home that cannot wait is defrosting. How many times has it happened to you?
October 5, 2020
By: Mira Paul
After a few years of use, are you worried your good old refrigerator is somewhere near its retirement? It is best to know the average lifespan of your fridge, even before buying it.