Storing food inside the fridge can help prolong its shelf life and even its nutrients. Eggs, for example, are a good source of protein, vitamins, and other minerals. Eggs are placed inside the fridge, which makes us wonder, how long do eggs last in the refrigerator?
Meats That are Stored In The Fridge
Before we know how long do eggs last in the refrigerator, let’s take a look at the other foods that are also stored inside the fridge and how long they last. Here are some:
- Hotdog – Hotdogs, if put inside the freezer, can last for one to two months.
- Luncheon Meat – Luncheon meat, just like hotdogs, can last for up to 2 months if you put it inside the freezer. If not, it can last for three days to two weeks only, depending if its package has been opened.
- Bacon & Sausage – Bacon usually lasts from one week to a month depending if you put it inside the freezer; whereas other raw meats last for only two days if not stored in temperature under 40 degrees. However, if you place bacon and sausage inside the freezer, they can last for up to two months.
- Ground Meats – If you put ground meat inside the freezer, it might last for up to four months. One thing you should keep in mind is that meats should be put at the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- Fresh Poultry – Whole chicken or turkey can last up to one year, but if sliced into pieces, it can last for nine months inside the fridge.
Shelf Life of an Egg
You may still be wondering how long do eggs last in the refrigerator. Well, there are different types of eggs that people put inside the refrigerator. These types have a different shelf life.
- Raw eggs in a shell – These last for up to three weeks to five weeks.
- Hard-cooked eggs in a shell – These can last for up to one week if stored in temperature ranging from 35 degrees F to 40 degrees F.
- Peeled hard-boiled eggs – When stored in temperature ranging from 35 degrees F to 40 degrees F, these eggs can last for up to two days.
- Slightly beaten raw whole eggs – These only last for two days if stored in temperature ranging from 35 degrees F to 40 degrees F.
- Raw egg whites & yolks – Raw egg whites and egg yolks last for four days.
To address the answer to the question: “How long do eggs last in the refrigerator?” the answer would be it depends on the eggs’ condition and shelf life. Here’s how to know more about refrigerators.
Many factors affect the shelf life of food inside the fridge. It may be their position inside, how often you open the fridge, the set temperature, and even the humidity in your place. So what you can do is to take action and always check the food before consuming it. Cleaning your fridge regularly is a must to avoid microbial growth and molds as well.