How Long Do Hard Boiled Eggs Last In The Refrigerator
Do you lead a busy lifestyle? Maybe you need those healthy pieces of hard-boiled eggs ready anytime, which is why storage is an issue. If you're wondering how long do hard boiled eggs last in the refrigerator, keep reading to know more about hard-boiled egg storage tips.
Hard Boiled Eggs – Refrigerator Storage Lifespan
Hard-boiled eggs take time and precision to prepare. So if you can manage to boil a few more and store them, why not? The concern, however, is how much should you boil? How long do hard boiled eggs last in the refrigerator?
A shared kitchen fact suggests that unpeeled hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for one week. But how long do hard boiled eggs last in the fridge peeled and unpeeled?
Take a look at the refrigerator lifespan for eggs:
- Raw and whole eggs (in the shell) – 3 weeks after purchase
- Slightly beaten raw whole eggs – 2 days
- Raw egg yolks – 2 days
- Raw egg whites – 2
- Hard-boiled eggs (peeled) – Use the same day for the best quality
- Hard-boiled eggs (in the shell) – 1 week
That sounds like good news if you're concerned about how long do hard boiled eggs last in the fridge.
Hard Boiled Eggs – Quick Storage Tips
1. Boil the best eggs before storing them. A great tip to identifying the best eggs for boiling is to determine their age by doing the water test:
- In a bowl of water, the egg that lies on its side is fresh.
- The eggs that are close to standing up are perfect for boiling.
- The eggs that float are spoiled.
If you want to know how long are hard boiled eggs good in the fridge, you should know the best eggs to boil and store first.
2. Store the hard-boiled eggs in a covered container with its shell unpeeled. This prolongs the lifespan of your eggs and keeps them fresh.
NOTE: If your hard-boiled eggs are left outside for an extended period at room temperature, discard them. Do not put them back in the fridge.
3. For peeled eggs, keep them moist and store them in the fridge. These are some ways to help achieve moisture:
- Store the peeled eggs in a covered bowl of cold water for one week. You should change the water daily.
- Cover the eggs in a damp paper towel inside a sealed container.
4. If you need to take eggs outside, to a function or an event, you must keep the eggs refrigerated. You can use commercial coolants and ice inside an insulated bag to keep them fresh.
Knowing how long do hard boiled eggs last in the refrigerator is determined by how you store them. Here's how to learn more about refrigerator hacks.
Eggs are prepared in so many ways. No wonder people love them. And as long as you know how long do hard boiled eggs last in the refrigerator, you can work out a way to enjoy eggs even more.
February 5, 2021
By: Mira Paul
Storing food inside the fridge can help prolong its shelf life and even its nutrients. Eggs, for example, are a good source of protein, vitamins, and other minerals.
February 4, 2021
By: Mira Paul
If you’re shopping for a new appliance, you may have noticed that some microwaves offer a convection option that allows you to bake, roast, and more.