How Much Should You Tip Appliance Delivery
Many say it is not your obligation to tip those who provide services for you, but that does not mean you shouldn't. If you see that the task someone does for you requires skill, attention, a lot of effort, and is something you would not be able to do well on your own, it is always gracious to give a tip. Some of the hardest workers and service providers who deserve a good tip are those who help bring home your appliances. So the next delicate question is, how much to tip appliance delivery?
Tips on How Much to Tip Appliance Delivery
Appliance delivery personnel, as you may have experienced, do not just drop your purchases and leave. They painstakingly haul your bulky and sensitive appliances following protocols, procedures, and tools to ensure these are safe and cared for. They carry these to your house, and best of luck if they have to deal with a challenging flight of stairs. Then they prop the appliance carefully where you want them to be. Left on your own, would you have done it with great, effortless pleasure?
Considering the tough job of delivering appliances, it is tricky to determine the amount you should give. When you give too little, it may be an insult to the delivery personnel. If you give too much, then it is the delivery guy's lucky day, and good if you have a lot going for you. But what if you just have enough?
Here are some factors you can think through to help you decide on how much to tip appliance delivery:
- The difficulty it takes to have your appliance delivered. If your location is quite hard to reach and is not as accessible, then you should consider a reasonable amount. The difficulty of delivery also lies in the sophistication of the appliance you have purchased and the special care it needs when transporting.
- The number of appliances for delivery. If you have more than one appliance delivered to your home, that may mean a personnel's multiple trips from the delivery van to your doorstep. Show some appreciation by giving something he or she can smile about.
- The care and attention that the delivery person took to deliver to your house. If the delivery personnel made sure that he or she was treating your appliance and your home with much respect and reverence, care not to damage or soil anything, then you should be a generous tipper.
- The number of stairs your delivery has to go through. How much to tip appliance delivery? Of course, the harder it is to reach your doorstep or your room where you want your appliance, the more you want to express your gratitude through a generous tip.
- Your overall satisfaction with the delivery personnel's service. It is often not just about the delivery person doing all that is in a delivery task list, but it is also much about the quality of service that he or she gave and his or her pleasantness through it all.
With these factors considered, you can work with a range of $10 to $20 per person as a guideline in tipping the delivery staff. Depending on your satisfaction, you can go up or down. See what you feel would brighten up your delivery personnel's day. Be ready for tipping by having loose change and bills so you will not have to go through the awkward situation of handing out a big bill but sheepishly asking for change!
- Empathy and creativity. Also, these situations would also benefit from a lot of empathy. If you were in your delivery personnel's shoes, what would be most beneficial for him or her, aside from the monetary token of gratitude? For example, if it took a steep flight of stairs to lug your appliance around, maybe your delivery personnel might enjoy a cold drink and some facial paper towels. Offer a cookie or a candy bar you have available to show your appreciation. You know what else could be special? It's handing out a gift certificate of a shop or service, like having a massage or a day at the spa. So it may be a good idea to keep some of these goodies and treats handy, not just for tipping situations, but for those times when saying 'thank you' is not enough. The possibilities are endless and it is through these many creative forms of kindness, we teach others to treat each other better. Find out more about transporting appliances.
To tip or not to tip? But what if you were not satisfied with the delivery personnel's service and may be found him rude and disrespectful? Then it is your discretion as to how much to tip appliance delivery. However, it may be best to tip him or her anyway, somewhere along with the lower range of tipping amounts, for his or her effort just the same. It is counterintuitive, but this may just turn him or her around, and realize that he or she has been rude, and this tip was something undeserved which he or she received anyway. At least from your end, you are free of grudge or guilt because you became the kinder, bigger person. He or she just might remember the kindness that you showed and pass it on to others.
February 4, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
Big kitchen appliances aren’t cheap, but nothing beats that feeling when you know you’ve got the right refrigerator for your house.
February 4, 2021
By: Mira Paul
Refrigerators are appliances that changed the game of cooking and preserving food. For many years, people have been searching easy ways to store their food without exposing it to environmental elements such as the microbes.
February 1, 2021
By: Daniel Rizzo
Moving in or out of a house is one of the thrilling experiences upon adulthood. You pack your things in storage boxes and do some cleaning while you are at it.