How To Clean A Bunn Coffee Maker
When it comes to coffee machines, the Bunn brand is considered one of the most known and trusted brands in the market. Not only are Bunn coffee makers known for its quality and performance, but it also has a relatively lower price compared to other coffee machines. If you finally decided to buy a Bunn coffee maker, you might be too excited to put this bad boy to the test. But before you even do that, do you have any idea how to clean a Bunn coffee maker properly?
Like any other device, coffee machines require proper care and maintenance to make it last as it should. By not cleaning it properly and ridding it of dirt and debris, there is a possibility that the machine would break sooner than it should. Taking this into consideration, we prepared some tips on how to clean a Bunn coffee maker easily.
What is a Bunn coffee maker?
Before we even go through how to clean a Bunn coffee maker, it is only logical to know what's a Bunn coffee maker. Coming from one of the most known and trusted brands in the industry, Bunn is known for producing high-quality coffee machines suitable for home and commercial use. Bunn coffee makers come in a variety of styles and models. Generally, there are three types of Bunn coffee makers – the speed brew, heat n’ brew, and single-serve. Knowing all of these may give us an idea of how to clean a Bunn coffee maker.
The Speed Brew line is the line of Bunn coffee makers that features the Speed Brew technology that can brew 20 oz of coffee within roughly 2 minutes. It features a drip-free carafe, a multi-stream spray head, and a uniquely designed funnel that provides a quicker water flow.
Heat N’ Brew
This line of Bunn coffee makers is known for its Heat & Release Technology that provides accurate temperature measurement to create a perfect brew. This particular feature precisely measures the water temperature until it reaches 197.6ºF-204.8ºF before activating the brewing process.
Considerably the newest of the Bunn coffee machine line, the My Café Singe Serve line features a simple and modern design that focuses on using K-cup pods when brewing coffee. It uses a single cup technology that prevents water overflow by having exact measurements for all kinds of coffee recipes.
How to use a Bunn coffee maker for the first time
Much like any machine, a Bunn coffee maker requires some initial preparation in order to prime it for use. However, keep in mind that these priming steps are suitable for Bunn’s BX, GR, BT, ST, and NHS Velocity Brew coffee machine lines and models. Here’s how you do it:
- Before plugging your coffee machine, pour some water the amount of one full carafe into the brewer.
- Place the pot back on the base under the brew funnel and wait for about 3 to 5 minutes for the water to partially fill up the tank.
- Repeat the first two steps until the tank is filled with water. You will know that it is full once the water starts pouring out of the brew funnel, so make sure to have the carafe or a container ready to catch the pour.
- Once the tank is full, close the brewer lid and plug the coffee maker.
- Turn the machine on and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes for the machine to heat up. After that, the machine is all primed up, and you can start brewing some coffee.
Tips on how to clean a Bunn coffee maker
After knowing the different types of Bunn coffee machines and how to prime your machine, it is time to know exactly how to clean a Bunn coffee maker. Ideally, it would be best if you clean the coffee machine and the pot every after use to make sure that the machine is clear from dust and that no ingredient from the last brew is left over. Here’s are the steps for the standard cleaning of your coffee machine:
- Turn off the coffee machine and let it cool for about 2 hours. Once cool, wipe the surfaces of the machine with a damp towel and a mild liquid detergent. Rinse it by using a different damp cloth and dry it using another towel.
- To clean the carafe, you can simply put it into a dishwasher. However, for carafes with notable stains at the bottom, you can soak it in vinegar for 3 to 4 hours. After that, you can simply handwash it by using warm soapy water.
- To clean the machine's insides, use a funnel and pour one quart or one liter of vinegar into the brewer until liquid starts pouring out of the brewer funnel. Once all of the vinegar is poured out of the funnel, empty the decanter into the sink.
- Pour another quart or liter of water into the brewer and let it pour out of the funnel to wash out the vinegar.
- Once all of the water stops dripping, unscrew the spray head and lift the machine to pour the rest of the liquid. Reattach the spray head and let another quart of liter to pour through the funnel to rinse the machine completely.
Cleaning your coffee machine frequently is one way you can ensure that your device would last at least as long as it should. And while cleaning the coffee machine daily is quite easy, remembering and sticking to the weekly and periodic deep cleaning processes can be the ones that make or break your coffee maker. Hopefully, our tips on how to clean a Bunn coffee maker helped you learn how to do it faster and easier. Here's how to learn more about cleaning appliances.
May 7, 2021
By: Donna Alden
Have you ever experienced leaving your home for a few weeks of vacation, and when you returned to grab a nice cold drink in your fridge, you suddenly smell something awful and stinky?
May 5, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
Big kitchen appliances aren’t cheap, but nothing beats that feeling when you know you’ve got the right refrigerator for your house.
May 7, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
To help you make coffee fast and easy, there are different coffee makers in the market today. Every household has a different coffee maker depending on their needs.
May 7, 2021
By: Daniel Rizzo
The smell of coffee is a great way to jumpstart your mornings. But have you taken a look at your coffee maker recently and asked yourself, are coffee makers safe?
May 3, 2021
By: Daniel Rizzo
Waking up in the morning means coffee time. A hot coffee cup is like a happy cup that gives us the best vibe in the morning.