How To Clean An Electric Grill: Simple Guide
Electric grills make grilling more convenient. Whether you prefer to prepare your food indoor or outdoor, an electric grill can pretty much do the trick. One advantage of electric grills is that they make preparation less troublesome. You won’t need to use charcoal and wait for it to burn in order to enjoy your favorite grilled meals. However, when the party is over, how to clean electric grill can be a bit tedious. Bits of meat and cheese might get stuck in between, and you can’t afford to leave them to rust.
How to Clean Indoor Electric Grill
If you’re looking for effective ways on how to clean electric grill, we got you covered. In this article, we will discuss simple procedures you can do to thoroughly clean your electric grill, ready for next time use.
Here’s how to clean indoor or countertop electric grills:
- Turn off your grill and unplug after use. Doing so will prevent any possible electrocution accidents. Also, since you will use water in the latter part, it’s best to keep electricity away.
- How to clean electric grill is more effective when it is warm. So let the grill sit for about ten minutes to cool it down a bit. A warm surface allows you to get rid of any food particles left more easily.
- Take your rubber spatula and scrape off all remaining food caked-on food. Be careful not to use abrasive materials such as metal brushes since they can also remove the non-stick surface. Some electric grills come with a rubber spatula intended for this purpose. However, you can also use your standard rubber one. Make sure to scrape all nooks and crannies to prevent rusting.
- Damp a clean sponge or cloth, and wipe through the electric grill plates. Make sure to frequently rinse with water as you wipe since grease can easily accumulate in the sponge. You can also use a small amount of mild dish soap for areas that are hard to clean.
- Disassemble your electric grill by removing the drip tray and the plates. Wash the dish tray with mild dish soap and make sure to get rid of any grease left.
- Take your paper towel and dry the plates and the drip tray. Make sure not to leave any moisture since it can cause rusting.
- Some detachable parts of your electric grill can be washed in the dishwasher. However, do check with your user manual first before tossing them to clean. If not, use mild soap and give each piece a moderate scrub.
How to Clean Outdoor Electric Grill
- How to clean electric grill starts with always make sure that you turn off the power supply first. Find your power button and flip it to turn it off.
- Let the grill cool down slightly, and start scrubbing the grates using a stainless steel grill brush. Make sure to scrape all food gunk left.
- Most outdoor grills have a removable liner. Like a drip tray, it catches all small crumbs and other food pieces. Take the liner and use a rubber spatula to give it a god scrape. You can also use a wet soapy sponge for stubborn grease and gunk.
- Get a damp cloth and wipe down the lid, removing any grease. Never soak the cover in water.
- For dirty grates, you can remove them from the grill and give them a wash using soapy water. Use your stainless steel brush to clean them thoroughly.
- Towel dry all pieces before assembling the grill.
- The grills can accumulate dried and burnt out food particles. To remove them, use a mixture of 2 cups of baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar. Find a container and leave them to soak overnight. Most gunk will fall out easily, and a gentle scrub will leave the grills in pristine condition.
Having an electric grill at home gives you the comfort of enjoying grilled food at any time you want. However, proper cleaning and maintenance is also a must in order to extend the life of this precious appliance.
Learning how to clean electric grill can help you keep your appliance in good working conditions. If left uncared for, rust would accumulate easily, and you might need to use charcoal instead in your next grilling session. Find out more about cleaning appliances.
May 7, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
Electric grills are the grill of choice for cooking enthusiasts. If you love throwing parties for selected people or spending plenty of time at home watching Netflix and chilling, then knowing how to use electric grill is a good decision!
May 4, 2021
By: Annie Lexis
Microwave ovens are considered one of the most basic and essential kitchen appliances to have, especially for those who are just settling in.