How To Clean Mold From Washing Machine
If you are still wondering if molds appear in your washing machine, yes they do! Washing machine molds are typically found on the rubber gasket of the machine. This means that even if your laundry equipment seems clean, at the back of it are hidden molds. That’s alarming since we all know molds can be dangerous to someone’s health. But worry not because getting rid of that is easy. All you need is to learn how to clean mold from washing machine.
Removing Washing Machine Molds Effectively
You will need:
- ½ cup hydrogen Peroxide
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Rubber gloves
- Prepare the following mixture: 1 part vinegar in 4 parts of water and 1 part bleach in 4 parts of water. By doing this, you are already creating your own mold removal solution.
- Place the solution in a spray bottle.
- Clean your washing machine by running a cycle. Use normal faucet water. Run the cycle for 2-3 minutes.
- Put on your rubber gloves.
- Mist the solution over the mold on the gasket.
- Run hot water mixed with the lemon juice solution. Run cycle for 5-10 minutes.
- Double-check. Smell the washing machine to make sure that the bad odor is also eliminated.
Now that you already learned how to clean mold from washing machine, it is time to learn how to prevent it. Since prevention is always better than cure, it’s time to know how to stop molds from growing. No worries, it is as easy as the process of removing molds.
Washing Machine Mold Prevention
- Practice using only one type of laundry detergent. Make sure you choose a trusted and effective brand. Using the wrong detergent can cause the molds to grow.
- After doing your laundry, do not close your washing machine right away. Leave it open for an hour or until dry.
- When washing, remove clothes right away every after the cycle.
- When done, sanitize the washing machine by running water with a sanitizing solution.
- Using your mildew cleaner, always wipe the door gasket every after laundry.
- Make sure to use a dehumidifier if the storage area for your washing machine is humid.
Clean Your Washing Machine Regularly
It’s an alarming fact that many households take this matter for granted. As long as they see their washing machines looking clean, they think it is fine. That is wrong. Again, dirt in washing machines can be hiding that you can’t easily see them. The problem is, they can cause skin problems or irritation. And when that happens, it is already too late for prevention.
Mold is an element that can be dangerous to health, especially if you have kids at home. They can be vulnerable to the negative effects of molds. Part of taking care of your home is making sure that you are maintaining your laundry as well. Knowing how to clean mold from washing machine is a good step towards ensuring that your family wears clean and safe clothing every day.
November 4, 2020
By: Ray Albert
If you are a college student who studies away from home, washing your clothes by hand or taking it to a laundry shop would be another additional task that would consume your time and budget
November 4, 2020
By: Mira Paul
The washing machine has developed significantly through the years, intuitively adding features that make laundry more convenient for the users.