Laundry should be given importance. Its maintenance must be a part of your regular what-to-do list. Talking about laundry, you might be thinking about your washing machines right now. That’s right. To ensure that you are doing that particular task correctly, disinfecting the laundry appliance is crucial. In this article, we will teach you how to disinfect washing machine.
Easy Steps in Disinfection
You will need:
- Hot water
- ½ cup regular bleach
- Boil hot water enough to fill one pail.
- Mix ½ cup regular bleach to the pail of water.
- Pour the solution in your washing machine.
- Run the cycle for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the washing machine with running water. Run cycle again for 2-3 minutes.
Even washing machines need sanitizing, especially if someone’s sick in your household. These appliances must be disinfected as well. For health purposes, it can prevent spreading viruses and bacteria. Now that you have learned how to disinfect washing machine, there are other things you need to know. These are tips on how to do your laundry properly.
Laundry Must be Easy!
Laundering can be a tedious chore. Without knowing some hacks and tricks, it can be tiring for households out there. Here are useful tips to make your laundry experience a convenient one.
- Before doing the laundry, sort soiled clothes. Set apart white clothes from colored ones. Some households also separate tops from lower garments.
- For best result, use liquid laundry soap. Read labels and directions to use just the right amount.
- Prepare your fabric conditioner. Depending on the type of laundry machine that you are using, set it up accordingly.
- Run the cycle. Pick the right water temperature and cycle.
- Double-check when rinsing is done.
- Unload the newly washed clothes.
- Sanitize the washing machine.
Your washing machine can contain bad odors, germs, bacteria, and mold if you disregard it. Again, learning how to disinfect washing machine is important. You are washing your clothes to make sure that your family is wearing clean and safe clothing. So do it the right way. Be armed with the right information.
Danger of Dirty Washing Machines
Have you never tried disinfecting your washing machine? That could be alarming. Washing machines that have never been sanitized can cause more harm than good. Behind those newly washed clothes are germs and bacteria. You can’t see them. But they can give you skin irritations and allergies. That’s the last thing you would surely want to happen.
Prevention is Better than Cure!
When it comes to your family’s health, you should also prioritize keeping your washing machine clean. Make sure to learn how to disinfect washing machine. What we gave you above are easy steps. If you don’t want your family’s safety being compromised, make sure you are taking all the precautionary measures at home. Be guided. You can also ask loved one for suggestions.