In every household, TV is an essential part. It has many uses, especially nowadays. Out of all gadgets, a television set can make families closer by watching movies or news. But TV without a stand is incomplete. You can always buy a TV stand on any hardware you prefer, but making one can save you bucks. So if you’ve decided on creating one, here’s how to prop up a TV without a stand tutorial.
Importance of a TV stand
A TV is one of the most important appliances in every household. Most households have TV. In fact, some even have two or more. One good thing about a TV is you can put it anywhere inside the house. You can put it inside your bedroom, in the kitchen, in the dining room, and even inside bathrooms! But a TV without a stand is incomplete.
Before learning how to prop up a TV without a stand, you should know the importance of a TV stand.
- Safety – A TV stand ensures the safety of your TV. Imagine a TV without a stand. It might always be at risk. You can also quickly clean it by easily moving the TV.
- Better viewing angles – One function of a TV stand is that you will have better viewing angles when watching.
- Distance – A TV stand maintains a reasonable distance. There is no need to adjust your TV.
- Enhance home décor – A TV stand complements your other home décor. You can also put a soundbar or a gaming console on it.
How to Create a TV Stand Quickly
In learning how to prop up a TV without a stand, you have to be creative and resourceful at the same time. But if you’re not, here is a step-by-step tutorial of how to prop up a TV without a stand:
1. To allow placement of mounting screws, start with a 3/4” MDF of any hardwood that is wide enough.
2. Make sure to mark a few inches longer than your TV.
3. Then cut the hardwood by following the mark.
4. Measure carefully to match the screw holes of your TV to the MDF. This way, you’ll know where to drill holes on your MDF.
5. You can now drill out the holes.
6. Mark the remaining piece of the wood, and cut the base roughly about 2/3 the width of your TV.
7. Align and make sure that your TV will be centered.
8. Mark it to be sure where to put the support piece.
9. Drill to make holes.
10. Make sure that the screw you’re using can support the base.
11. Then drill the base deep enough for support.
12. You can now install a mountain screw for it to function.
13. You can also spray paint it to complement your home decor.