Are you getting sleepless nights because of your air conditioner? Fan noises are one of the most common issues that you will encounter when owning an AC. It is due to a lot of reasons. Let us unpack the causes and learn how to quiet a noisy air conditioner in a few easy ways.
The Reason Behind
It is a pain in the head to hear weird sounds on your AC when all that you want is to have a fresh and cool rest after a long and tiring day. Ignoring it will not solve your problem and can even give birth to bigger issues that can cost you more money. Before you learn how to quiet a noisy air conditioner or how to make AC quieter, discover first the reason why it worked that way:
- The refrigerant of your air conditioning unit might be leaking. When there is a problem with the refrigerant, your AC’s entire system will have a hard time cooling the unit. That means that the fan will be on turbo mode to keep up with the needed temperature for your AC to work the way it is supposed to.
- Another reason is a dirty coil and a clogged-up air filter.
- There might also be a problem with the air blower of your air conditioning unit. When this thing gets dirt and debris build-up, it will spin in an unbalanced manner causing it to produce loud and annoying noises.
- One rare reason for this type of problem is that there may be a problem with your unit’s entire design.
Keep It Quiet!
You do not have to bring your AC to an expert right away. You can still do something to troubleshoot the issue or find the root cause of this problem at home. How to quiet a noisy air conditioner? Find that out down below:
How to Quiet a Noisy Air Conditioner
- The first thing you can do on how to quiet your AC unit is to check for dirt and debris build-up inside your air conditioner. All you have to do is to open it up and search for the fan. If you don’t know where the fan is, you can check it out on the user’s manual for more detailed instructions.
- Get any cleaning cloth and use it to wipe off the blade. Make sure to remove any forms of dirt and debris.
- You also must check the fan for any loose screws. This causes any form of disturbances to any appliances, especially with fans. Get a screwdriver to fix the issue. Ensure that those screws are tight enough to hold the blade in place and reduce any unnecessary movements that cause it to have loud noises.
- Check if the texture of the blade is rough and have any unwanted rust build-up. To solve this problem, you can use any lubricant, such as oil. This will help lubricate the blades and reduce loud noises coming from the fan of your AC.
- Check the coil of the AC unit. They maybe are also clogged with dirt and dust build-up, which triggered the problem with the fan. It would be best to hire an expert in this field to ensure proper cleaning. However, you can still fix this by using a vacuum that would fit the coil’s size to suck up all the dirt inside it.
- Lastly, you need to check if the refrigerant is leaking from the body of your AC. If it is, then have it sealed by calling an expert. After the sealing process, turn your AC on and see if it fixed the problem.
Having a loud fan noise inside your AC is maybe a product of a pre-existing problem. As an owner, you need to figure out the root cause of this. If you’re not confident with how you deal with the issue, there is always an option to choose to hire professionals who can efficiently and safely do the job for you. However, you need to remember that it can cost you a bit of money, so it’s important to prepare a budget for this.
How to Maintain Your AC’s Performance
There are certain things that you should consider to do if you own an air conditioner. These are the tips that can let you have a smooth and peaceful experience with your unit:
- Do regular cleaning with your AC and its surrounding area.
- Do regular check-ups or inspections to spot existing problems and have them fixed immediately.
Those are the ways on how to quiet a noisy air conditioner. If the fan of your AC is blowing up with a maximum volume, don’t worry because there are a lot of solutions that you can apply to fix it. You have to know the right cause to have a concrete idea of where you’re going to start. Know more about repairing appliances.