FaceTime is a miracle for some of us. You can keep in touch with people from different parts of the world, and you have the option to capture unique and maybe, hilarious moments. We will go through some easy steps on how to record FaceTime video so you can store all those fun memories.
How To Record A FaceTime Video On Mac
FaceTime, as an exclusive application for Apple, has successfully connected people worldwide with its free video and audio call capabilities. But there’s more to this popular platform than just staying connected. Here are the steps on how to record FaceTime video on your Mac:
Mac has a recording feature called QuickTime, which you can use to your advantage.
- Step 1 – Open the application FaceTime on your Mac.
- Step 2 – Press “Command” + “Shift” + “5” on your Mac’s keyboard.
- Step 3 – Select “Options” on the screen capture menu.
- Step 4 – Choose a save location under “Save to.”
- Step 5 – Select the option “Built-in Microphone” under “Microphone.”
- Step 6 – Click on any of the two options – “Record entire screen” or “Record selected portion” so you can select your recording area.
- Step 7 – Click on the “Record” option to start recording your screen.
- Step 8 – Start FaceTiming.
- Step 9 – Click on the “Stop Recording” button when you end the call. The recording will be saved automatically on a chosen location.
How To Record A FaceTime Video On iPhone
Now that you’re set up on your Mac, these are the steps on how to record FaceTime video on an iPhone:
NOTE: For legal reasons, audio recording is disabled in FaceTime on your iPhone. So if you want to know how to record FaceTime audio, the other alternative is to plug the iPhone on your Mac and use QuickTime.
Can you record a FaceTime video on your iPhone? Yes. And if all you need is to record a video, you should check that the “Record” button is in the Control Centre through these steps:
- Step 1 – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2 – Check to see if a screen recording icon is present (it looks like a white target with a small white circle, with a large white circle around it).
- Step 3 – IF you don’t find it: Go to “Settings”, “Control Centre,” and then “Customize Controls.”
- Step 4 – Scroll down, and select the green sign next to “Screen Recording.”
After you finish the steps above, you can continue and record your FaceTime call:
- Step 1 – Open the “Control Centre,” and select the screen recording icon.
- Step 2 – Start the call. When you finish, open the “Control Centre” again.
- Step 3 – Select the recording icon to end the recording. This clip will be automatically saved to your “Photos.”
Applications, like FaceTime, are game changers. We can connect with other people and enjoy other fun features as well. Knowing how to record FaceTime video will make it possible for us to capture raw, meaningful moments as we communicate with our loved ones despite the distance. Find out more guides on video recording here.