How To Record Video On PS4 – A Step-By-Step Guide
We are long past the days when our gadgets only had a single, focused use. Nowadays, you can hook your television to the Internet and record video with gaming consoles. We will show you how to record video on PS4 so you can put those extra features to good use.
A Quick Guide – How To Record And Share Video On PS4
The age of social media is all about sharing and documentation. Do you want to show off gaming expertise or document your progress? How do you record PS4 gameplay? Here is a quick step-by-step guide to PlayStation 4 video recording and sharing:
- Step 1 - Hold down the SHARE button on your PS4 controller. This will open the "Share" menu. This setting will display options for sharing any content you create on your PS4
- Step 2 - Go to the option "Set Video Length" and adjust the settings. How long do you want your gameplay recorded? A variety of length options as short as 30 seconds and as long as 60 minutes will be displayed. Click on the length you want
- Step 3 - Prepare to record your video in two ways:
Option 1: Start playing the game and start recording by using the "Share" button. It will then begin recording based on the length of time you specified earlier in step 2. You can manually stop the recording by hitting the "Share" button again.
Option 2: Capture a video of gameplay that just happened. If you just had a fantastic moment that you didn't record, you don't have to worry. Your PS4 automatically saves the last 15 minutes of gameplay from your recent gaming session.
We will show you how to record video on PS4 with these two ways in the next steps.
- Step 4 - Option 1: To start recording before a game, press your "Share" button twice, and your PS4 will start rolling. After recording, your clip will be saved automatically in the "Capture Gallery" folder on your home screen.
NOTE: Some games disable your recording automatically to prevent story spoilers from spreading.
- Step 5 - Option 2: Do NOT double press your start button. Doing this will delete the cached video and start a new recording. If you want to save the automatically recorded 15 minutes of your gameplay, hold down your "Share" button, access the menu, and go to "Save Video Clip." You can now access the saved video in the "Capture Gallery."
- Step 6 - Trim your video. Now that you know how to record video on PS4, you can edit your video by using the "Trim" in the "Options" button of your controller.
- Step 7 - Share your video by using the "Share Video Clip" menu. Link your social media accounts to your PS4 for faster social media sharing.
Sharing your gameplay progress and victories is more convenient now that you know how to record video on PS4. Because of technology, gaming is now a platform where you can share techniques, wins, and tips to other people, giving us more reasons to love gaming.