How To Remove Electric Stove Top
The drip pans below electric burners can become encrusted with burnt-on food debris. Burners on most electric stoves are removable for cleaning purposes. Food-covered drip pans can be cleaned in place or removed for soaking once the electric burner is out of the way. Spills and splatters are guaranteed in the kitchen, especially on cooktops. But don't let hardened food stains stand in the way of a sparkling space. Learn how to remove electric stove top and clean it with these smart ideas. Read on.
Steps to Remove Electric Stove Top
Your appliances need a thorough cleaning after a long time of use. It accumulates grease and dirt that is hard to remove, so you need to remove some parts to reach some areas. Learn how to remove electric stove top for proper cleaning of your oven.
- Step 1. Open your home's electrical panel and find the switch for the electric cooktop. The breaker switch will be a double switch dedicated solely to the cooktop and labeled as such. Push the switch to the off position -- the breakers are coupled, and both of them will go off simultaneously. Be sure not to touch any of the other breakers.
- Step 2. Open the cabinet doors below the cooktop. Locate the electrical connection box attached to the bottom of the cooktop. Use a screwdriver to remove the screw that holds the cover to the electrical connection box in place. Remove the cover to the electrical connection box.
- Step 3. Attach the electrical voltage detector to ensure no active electrical voltage in the box wires. Remove the wire nuts from all connections in the box. There should be three groupings of wires--one white set and two colored, usually black and red or black and black. When the wire nuts are removed, separate the wires to ensure they do not touch each other or any metal surface.
- Step 4. Remove the power feed wires from the box. These wires will come into the box from an external source, not coming from the cooktop itself. When removing the wires from the box, pull them through the entry hole carefully, making sure not to touch the wires to any metal surface while removing them. After removing the wires from the connection box, screw the wire nuts back onto each of the wires.
- Step 5. Cut through any caulking on the edge of the cooktop using a razor knife. Check under the counter for brackets holding the cooktop in place. If there are brackets, use the screwdriver to loosen the screws and remove the brackets.
- Step 6. Slide a putty knife under the edge of the cooktop. Use the putty knife to lift the edge of the cooktop until you can get your fingers under it. Lift the cooktop out of the hole in the countertop.
Some Useful Tips
Your heating coils are bound to accumulate burnt food over time, and the longer they go without cleaning, the harder it is to clean them. Once you learn how to remove electric stove top then you can clean electric stove burners properly, you won’t have to spend a lot of time week after week to maintain them.
If you need to scrub away tough stains, use a scrubby sponge with soap and water. Most heating coils are durable and scratch-resistant, so mildly abrasive materials and chemicals like a scrubby sponge and baking soda will likely not damage them during the cleaning process.
Heating coils will also lose their beautiful shine as you continue to use your stove. If you want your electric stove to look like new, be sure to follow the step-by-step guide in this article. Now your electric stove can be a conversation starter rather than something you try to hide from your guests!
Scrubby sponges work very well to break down tough grime on your heating coils. Sponges can wear down and become old and grimy over time. Buy yourself a new sponge if you haven’t restocked lately.
The burners can be quickly reinstalled after the drip pans, and the surrounding area is washed. Restore the look of an electric range with quick disassembly and cleaning.
These cleaning tips are easy to follow, but you don't know how to remove electric stove top. You can always ask for someone’s help. Here's how to learn more about how to use appliances.
The electric cooktop in your home may eventually need replacement. Learn how to remove electric stove top to clean it regularly to make it work longer. It may break; you might need to replace it because you are remodeling your kitchen and need new decor, or you may just want to upgrade to a better appliance. In any case, you must uninstall the existing electric cooktop before you can put it in a new one. Many appliance stores offer free installation when you purchase a cooktop from them, but they will charge you to uninstall your existing cooktop and dispose of it. Being able to uninstall your own electric cooktop can therefore save you money.
November 6, 2020
By: Donna Alden
What best way to wake up your nerves in a chilly Monday morning or end a long tiring day than a warm, long, and relaxing bath? A water heater is a convenient addition to the bathroom to heat your faucet water.
November 4, 2020
By: Mira Paul
An electric stove is one of the essential parts of every kitchen. Thanks to its heating capacity, we can enjoy hot and delicious meals at any time we want.