How To Reset A Refrigerator Compressor By Yourself
A refrigerator is one essential appliance that can serve us from food storage to food preservation. It must be well-maintained to last long in our household. Do you know how to reset a refrigerator compressor that fails to work? Read on up until the end of this guide to get your fridge in its best shape.
What Does a Refrigerator Compressor Do?
Before you dive into the process of how to reset a refrigerator compressor, you must learn what its real function is and how big is its role in the overall performance of your fridge. Listed down below are the capabilities of a refrigerator compressor.
- A refrigerator compressor is sometimes referred to as the heart of your fridge system. It acts as a regulator of the cycle of the refrigerating system. Just like a heart, a refrigerator compressor is a part that pumps out the refrigerant and helps in increasing its temperature.
- Its function is also to push vapor from the body of your fridge’s evaporator so that it can maintain a healthy amount of pressure in the system.
Common Types of Refrigerator Compressors
You can find a couple of refrigerator compressor types available in the market. Each of them has an individual function, capacity, and design that determines its overall performance. Take a look at some of the most common types of refrigerator compressor down below.
- Piston compressor
- Reciprocating compressor
- Centrifugal compressor
- Scroll compressor
It doesn't matter which of this your fridge has. These compressors could face certain problems over time and can cause your entire refrigerator's function to decrease in performance and lead it not to work completely. How do I reset my refrigerator compressor and bring it back to its normal work pace again? Don’t worry, the next part of this article will help you learn the basic ways on how you can reset refrigerator compressors even if you’re not an expert technician.
How to Reset a Refrigerator Compressor
As a fridge owner, you cannot escape from having refrigerator problems on the entire course of using it. One of the most reported cases is a failed refrigerator compressor. Would it be possible to have it repaired without having to call or hire a professional technician?
Here are the steps on how to reset a refrigerator compressor:
- Before you do anything and open up your fridge, you have to ensure your safety first. Make sure that your refrigerator is completely plugged out from its power source. Try to look for the power plug and pull it out from the power outlet.
- Wait until the ‘off’ sound indicator is heard before you work your way out.
- Once it’s unplugged, it is also important that you shut down the fridge from the inside. You can do this by looking for the fridge’s switch inside the door and rotate it down to the ‘off’ option.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging the power cable back into the power outlet.
- After plugging it back in, you can now begin to adjust the freezer control. This will allow you to manipulate the settings according to what you want. It is advisable to bring it to number 5.
- Wait for about 24 hours until your fridge adjusts back to a normal range of temperatures.
It's that easy! Once you have restarted your fridge, you are allowing the refrigerator compressor to restart as well. This process can help it reach the exact amount of temperature that it needs to have to function well.
When Do You Need to Restart Your Refrigerator Compressor
Are you experiencing a certain issue in your fridge, and you don't know the root cause of it. You can start to think that you are having a problem with the refrigerator compressor when related to temperature. But, when do you need to fix or restart your fridge's compressor? Find that out down below.
Here are bad refrigerator symptoms that you needed to know:
- Suppose you notice that the compressor's fan has failed to do its work. This can be observed if your fridge doesn't have the needed average temperature to cool down. This results in overheating and can cause further damages to its entire system. You can also identify this problem if you hear your fridge's fan produce loud noises that your ears couldn't handle.
- A bad compressor can also be observed when you notice that your fridge doesn't cool inside or if it isn't performing the needed amount of cold temperature to serve its purpose.
A refrigerator compressor is a very vital component that makes up an entire refrigerator system. When it fails to work, it is a must that you have it fixed immediately. Learning how to reset a refrigerator compressor can be a bit of a challenge to a beginner. If you are not confident with your ability, you can always hire an expert to get the job done perfectly. Find out more about appliance maintenance.
May 6, 2021
By: Donna Alden
It’s only hygienic that you regularly change your refrigerator’s water filter. You don’t have to wait for your drinking water to taste stale before replacing your filter.
May 5, 2021
By: Donna Alden
Can’t figure out the reason for your high electricity bill? You might want to check your refrigerator. It causes one of the highest energy consumption for most homes, together with clothes dryer and air conditioners.
May 4, 2021
By: Ray Albert
Refrigerators are one of the most versatile and useful items that you can invest in. Today, refrigerators don’t just preserve your food