How To Set Temperature On Samsung Refrigerator
Setting the right temperature on your fridge can extend the life of your favorite food items. If you notice that your leftovers go bad quickly or your freezer is not doing enough to frost your meat items, then it's time to set and adjust the temperature. How to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator is a quick and easy task to ensure you have your device in good working condition.
Not having the right temperature can lead to many issues like freezer burn and premature rotting of your leftovers. That is why learning how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator can help you manage and prevent these incidents from occurring.
Samsung refrigerators have two temperature settings, which are intended for your freezer and the refrigerator itself. The standard fridge temperature should be at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius), while freezer temperature should be 0 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 degrees Celsius). Below is the step by step process on how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator.
Step by Step Guide
Are you wondering about how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator? Learn to do it by following these steps.
- Locate the control panel of your Samsung refrigerator. Normally, you can find it on the appliance's exterior front area, just above the ice maker. Some models do not have an ice maker, but the settings can still be found on the front. This allows a convenient way to adjust the temperature.
- The freezer will have a separate button than the fridge. "Freezer" is usually on the lower left, while "Fridge" is on the lower right. Since they are marked accordingly, it won't be trouble to differentiate the two.
- To set the fridge, press the “Fridge” button and choose from the preset temperatures available in your control panel. Some models show a display of the temperature for manual adjustment. Others have numeric options to change the temperature.
- For the “Freezer” settings, press the button to set the appropriate temperature. The display will either be graphical or numeric, depending on the brand of your fridge.
- Your Samsung refrigerator also has a Power Cool option, which sets both the freezer and the fridge to the right temperatures. To set, hold either the Freezer or Fridge button for three seconds. This will automatically activate the Power Cool setting.
After completing the process on how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator, wait for at least 4 hours for your refrigerator to display the updated one. The actual adjustment of temperature inside the appliance might take up to 28 hours to complete. Following the proper procedure on how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator can make your refrigerator last longer.
- Recommended temperature
According to the USDA Food Safety Information guide, the fridge should be set to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below to quickly keep food from spoiling. On the other hand, the freezer should be below 0 degrees Fahrenheit for meat products to freeze, extending their shelf life. However, you can also set the temperature higher if you do not have food to store or save energy use. Depending on the make or model, the manufacturer manual will give you the proper temperature to set for your fridge to work correctly and keep your food items fresh and edible.
- Blinking temperature display
A blinking temperature display means your set temperature is too high. This is also an indication that your appliance needs to cool down. This usually happens when you leave the door open for an extended period or when a power outage occurs.
Setting it back in is quite simple. Follow the steps provided above and make sure to check the user manual for the correct temperature for your specific Samsung refrigerator.
Refrigerators give us a convenient storage option for our favorite food. They also make fresh food available whenever we want to; thus, knowing how to set temperature on Samsung refrigerator comes in handy.
Wrong temperature settings will not only affect your appliance but will also spoil your food easily. Thus, always make sure you set them correctly so that you can enjoy the convenience of your Samsung refrigerator. Here's how to learn more about how to use appliances.
November 6, 2020
By: Ray Albert
Refrigerators are one of the most versatile and useful items that you can invest in. Today, refrigerators don’t just preserve your food
November 4, 2020
By: Daniel Rizzo
We’ve all been there. Sometimes the air conditioner is not cold enough, it’s making noise, or it isn’t turning off on its own. Maybe the last time it happened to your AC, you immediately sought professional help or made a run to the store for a new unit.