Moving is not easy, especially if you have a lot of heavy valuables to transport. Work-related stuff, like personal computers, could be very delicate and can be prone to breakage during the transportation. In this article, you will learn how to ship a desktop computer. Be sure to read until the end.
Things to Remember
Shipping a desktop computer is so risky. You have to protect the parts’ exterior and the interior as well. There are many things to remember and consider on how to ship a desktop computer.
- Before you pack your whole desktop into a box, make sure that all the fragile parts are safely removed from the computer box. Remember that your computer’s soul lives there, so you need to take extra good care of it.
- If you don’t want to risk all the files stored in the computer, take off the hard drive. You can carry it separately with you.
- One of the most important things that you need to consider on how to ship a desktop computer is to take off the CPU cooler. This device is very prone to damage, especially when the package is transported on a rough and bumpy road.
How to Prepare Your Package for Shipping
After you’ve removed and kept your computer’s most fragile parts, it’s time to ship off your desktop.
Below are the steps to follow on how to ship a desktop computer:
- Securely wrap every part of your computer (monitor, computer box, etc.) in a plastic and bubble wrap to prevent damage. This is also to avoid your desktop computer from unexpected water-related incidents.
- Pack your desktop into a box. You can use its original box from the day that you purchased it. Wrap the box with a bubble wrap. Secure it with packaging tape, and make sure that you do this process carefully to avoid breaking any parts of your computer.
- Do the same thing to the computer accessories, such as the mouse, speaker, headphone, etc. Wrap each of them with a bubble wrap, and secure it again with packaging tape.
- Put your accessories as well as the box containing your desktop computer in the shipping box. Check if each component is well covered and secured.
- Make sure that there will be less or no movement inside the shipping box. To do this, fill every space with bubble wraps.
- To seal your box, you can use packaging tape. For full protection, tape the whole box with clear packaging tape. This is to prevent tearing accidents.
- Do not forget to put a FRAGILE label on the box.
Learning how to ship a desktop computer safely gives you the confidence you need. Now, you can comfortably ship your PC. Just remember to follow safety measures so you can still see your desktop in its best form. Know more about Desktop Computer.