How To Turn Off The Samsung Refrigerator: Energy Saving Tips
Seeing your electricity bill reaching an undesirable peak can be so painful to the eyes. This is natural if you have electronics that work daily. However, there is one that probably dominates energy usage: the refrigerator. Learn how to turn off Samsung refrigerators when you have out-of-town trips that last for days. The following tips will help you save the extra budget.
Turning Off Your Fridge
If you plan to go on a trip for a week or event just for a day or two and no one's going to staying n your house, it is a must to have all your appliances turned off. This is an important measure that you should take to avoid fire and save your wallet from getting consumed by a huge electricity bill. Do you know to turn off the Samsung fridge? What should you do before you decide to turn it off completely?
Listed down below are ways on how to turn off Samsung refrigerator:
- Before you turn it off, be sure that you empty your fridge from foods that are about to get expired. You don't want to leave your leftover foods inside your fridge while you're away from home. Once they're not getting the right temperature anymore after turning off your fridge, a higher chance of bacteria build-up will occur in hours and can become too harmful for your entire family.
- Once you’ve emptied your refrigerator, you can now turn it off by locating the power button on your fridge. This can be located outside or inside the refrigerator. If you are not sure about this, you can check your manufacturer’s manual to get it done.
- The most important tip on how to turn off Samsung refrigerator is, of course, to unplug the power cable from the power source. Unplugged appliances are sometimes one of the main causes of unexpected fire incidents in houses.
How to Clean Your Fridge After You Have Been Away
- Before you start cleaning it, double-check if the power cable is completely unplugged from the power source. Do not begin to spray any liquid into it if it’s still plugged into the outlet because it can cause electric shock.
- To clean the inside of your fridge, use only a clean and gentle cloth to avoid scratching the surface. Use only mild cleaning agents so you wouldn’t ruin the finish of its interior.
- Make sure to remove all the shelves when cleaning the interior of your fridge. Remember that your goal is to deep clean the entire interior area so you'd free yourself from the dangers brought by harmful bacteria.
- To clean the exterior part, make sure to use the same mild and safe cleaning agent. Use different cleaning cloth for this process. Remove any fingerprint smudges from all over the door and its handle.
- Do not forget to include the rubber seals on your fridge. Be sure to wipe it off also with a clean cloth to remove dust and grease build-up. Use a mild cleaning agent as well. You can also use a detergent soap for this step. Once you're done wiping the edges, finish it off by drying it with a clean, dry cloth.
- Another important tip is not to use any cleaning agent that contains alcohol in them. If you do not have any cleaning agents, you use the power of a baking soda.
- Combine the baking soda with a few teaspoons of water until you make a paste-like texture. Rub it gently to areas where there are stubborn dirt and rust. Leave it there for a couple of minutes before wiping it off with a clean cloth.
How to Choose the Right Fridge
Samsung has a wide variety of refrigerator models to offer. It’s then up to the buyer to pick the right one for their needs. Here are tips on how you can purchase the fridge that’s meant for you and your budget.
- Consider the fridge's size - make sure that it will fit into the allocated space where you plan to put it in the kitchen.
- Consider the storage capacity - don't waste your money paying for an extra storage size that you won't use. In picking the right fridge, choose the one that can accommodate your needs.
Now you have a systematic idea on how to turn off the Samsung refrigerator. You can now enjoy days of fun without having to worry about leaving your fridge at home and your electricity consumption. Know more about how appliances work.
May 6, 2021
By: Donna Alden
Frost formation in your fridge can be troublesome. You have to regularly defrost your fridge to prevent the ice from forming and avoid obstruction, especially in your freezer.
May 4, 2021
By: Daniel Rizzo
Every wine enthusiast knows that too much or too little humidity can either spoil or alter a wine’s taste, which is why people in the wine industry invest a good fortune on wine refrigerators.