How To Unclog Washing Machine Drain Effectively
It's a total bummer finding out that your washing machine drain is clogged. So for housekeepers like you, it is something that you really want to avoid. Of course, you can prevent a clogged washing machine drain. How? Well, all you need is to learn how to unclog washing machine drain. Fortunately, you just found the right article that can give you the necessary information that you need. Make sure to read until the end.
Easy Steps to Unclog
Washing machines, at some point, will get gunk and buildup. You can prevent that from happening. Even if you regularly clean your washing machine, these residues will appear in clogged drains. You don't have to worry because there is a solution for that. By learning how to unclog washing machine drain, you can be prepared if this happens. So what are the steps?
Here are some easy steps to unclog your washing machine drain:
- Grab a bucket. Put it under the trap. In this procedure, you will be cleaning the trap. It's the first step to make the unclogging job easier. On the bottom of the trap, you will see a seal. Unscrew it. Drain the dirt and water.
- Close the trap, and reconnect it to the drain.
- Remove hard residues by using a clog removal solution. There are drain cleaners available in the market. You must always have one in your house.
- For an easier unclogging job, use a high-pressure cleaner. However, most of the time, you need to hire a professional tradesman to do this step.
To ensure that you are totally ready, learning the causes of clogging can be a big help. Let's continue learning.
Common Causes of Washing Machine Clogs
Dealing with clogs after learning how to unclog washing machine drain can be an easy-peasy task for you. But you must know every aspect of preventing washing machine clogs. It can help you prolong the life of your laundry appliance. Clogged drains are typically a result of the following:
- Laundry soap residue buildup
- Dirt gunk
- Leftover dryer lint
- Grease or oils on clothing
Sometimes, when situations get worse, homeowners tend to panic. Some choose to buy a new washing machine. Although you have the money to buy a new laundry appliance, it's not practical.
Diagnosing Washing Machine Problems
If ever you really don't have the time to do the fixing, there are professional contractors out there who can do the job for you. They know how to clear clogged washing machine in the most effective way. So don't stress yourself on this matter. Help is available. We have provided above just some of the many hacks on how to unclog washing machine drains. Make sure to apply what you’ve learned to make the most out of your washing machine.