Nowadays, most people would choose the advantage of a minimized cooking time offered by a multifunctional convection microwave oven. It combines the function of a convection oven and a typical microwave oven and enables you to bake, grill, or roast your food evenly with less cooking time. It makes your work much more efficient and convenient than usual, and so it is essential to know how this kitchen equipment works to maximize its advantage. Keep reading to know how to use a convection microwave oven.
Advantages of Using a Convection Microwave Oven
- It is multifunctional. It offers the convenience of a multitasking kitchen appliance. You can use it when baking, grilling, cooking, and heating. It works fast and efficiently, especially when you require cooking at high temperatures. Knowing how to use convection microwave oven will help you realize the functional properties of this appliance.
- It is affordable and economical. Convection microwave ovens are relatively inexpensive compared to standard ovens. They also consume little electricity because they are designed to be highly energy-efficient. The fact that it cooks fast makes you use less electricity as well.
- It is time and space-saving. Using a convection microwave oven will save you time because it can do many functions on a particular day. It is also automatic, and you can do another house task while using it. It is also space-saving. This appliance does not take up so much space in your kitchen because it is usually smaller than a conventional oven. Others are customized and built-in kitchen cabinets for a minimalist look.
- It cooks evenly. The invention of this type of oven has paved the way for utilizing the full extent of what a regular oven would do. Its automatic feature allows the food to be cooked evenly by continuously fanning hot air inside it. It results in a better visual look of various dishes.
Disadvantages of Using a Convection Microwave Oven
- Small interior capacity. Convection microwave ovens usually do not have large interiors to accommodate significant dishes compared to standard ovens. If you are into baking cakes, this oven type is not recommended because you will require more space for cakes.
- Cannot bake certain foods. This type of oven cannot perform perfectly to bake some particular dishes, especially those needing base cooking. It won’t be as good as those cooked in a large convection oven because of the lack of a base heating element. You need to know how to use a convection microwave oven so you would also know its limitations.
- It needs regular cleaning. This oven needs to be cleaned regularly to function well and make it more efficient. A dirty convection microwave oven is less efficient and will be consuming more energy. Its stainless-steel needs drying and conditioning. Just like any kitchen appliance, maintaining its cleanliness will also prolong its service life.
Using Convection Microwave Oven
In learning how to use a convection microwave oven, the first thing you need to consider is using kitchen utensils designed for this type of oven. It will lessen damages and facilitate a well-organized work on your part. Many available utensils are designed for UHF ovens.
Make sure not to cook in bulk when using convection microwaves. This type of oven often has a limited space to cook food, allowing equal heat distribution to your foods. When heat is not distributed equally, it will result in uncooked food.
In every convection oven, special racks go with it to allow the circulation of heat to be equally distributed. You will need special racks for cooking so you will get good results. Special racks allow airflows to circulate the cooking bowl.
When baking, the best way to use a convection microwave is to preheat it. It will allow the oven to perfectly bake your pastries just like when you bake from regular ovens. It also goes with roasting fish and meat. A 10-minute preheating will help a lot. There are many cooking options for different kinds of microwave ovens. It will help to familiarize yourself with them to maximize your appliance’s cooking potential.
This type of oven also comes with special instructions and manuals when bought. Your advantage is when you pay attention to how it works because there might be specific considerations and instructions you may have missed. Know more about how to use appliances.
Cooking in a convection microwave oven has a significant impact on our way of cooking food in today’s modern time. It works great for its intended purpose. It offers both advantages and disadvantages but using it is relatively easy. Knowing how to use convection microwave oven helps you achieve a good cooking result and make you more productive in the kitchen.