How To Use Wireless Headphones With TV – A Quick Guide
Wireless devices are handy and convenient. They allow us to move about or keep us entertained while accomplishing other tasks. It’s indeed a multi-tasking world!
As technology advances, more devices are becoming compatible to work with each other—like a watch and a mobile phone, DSLR cameras and printers, wireless headphones and televisions!
You read it right. Read on to learn the best ways on how to use wireless headphones with TV.
Connect Wireless Headphones To Your TV
You can enjoy TV time undisturbed with your headphones on. Or other people in your house—a sleeping toddler, your partner, or a furry pal—can also enjoy their peace while you’re watching at full volume. However, headphone cords might limit your comfort. Wireless headphones can address such a concern.
Most, if not all, smart TVs are Bluetooth-enabled. With Bluetooth, you can easily connect your wireless headphones to your TV.
- Turn on your headphones. Make sure they are on pairing mode.
- From the home screen of your TV, go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Then, select ‘Remote and Accessories.’
- Select ‘Add Accessory.’
- Click ‘Reset Your PC.’
- A prompt will notify you that your headphones are now synced with the TV.
Use Bluetooth Transmitters
If your TV is not Bluetooth-enabled, you might ask, “How do I connect wireless headphones to TV?” Old models of Smart TVs do not have built-in Bluetooth. But that’s not a problem. You can purchase Bluetooth transmitters to do the job. These devices are inexpensive and available in online shops.
Note that not all Bluetooth transmitters you see online are compatible with TVs. Look for a transmitter that comes with optical audio (TOSLink or SPDIF) input. Make sure your TV has RCA audio output.
Here’s are easy steps to connect wireless headphones to TV using a Bluetooth transmitter:
- Plug the Bluetooth transmitter’s red and white connectors to the respective red and white (Audio Out) ports located at the back of your TV.
- Plug the other end of the connectors to the transmitter.
- Plug on your transmitter.
- Check if the process was successful by raising the volume of your TV and your headphones.
- If you don’t get any sound on your headphones, go to the ‘Sounds Settings’ menu.
- Change the Audio Out/Output setting from ‘Fixed’ to ‘Variable.’
- Check your headphones for sound again. If you still don’t get any, go to Speaker settings and turn off your internal speakers.
- Put your TV on full volume. Then, adjust the volume by using your headphone.
- You can easily disconnect your headphones from the TV by turning them off.
Check the manual of your Bluetooth transmitter for specific instructions to use your wireless devices.
You just learned how to use wireless headphones with TV. You’re now ready to watch your favorite TV series without being bothered or without bothering your companions. Remember, however, that listening in increased volumes could damage your ears in the long run.