How To Video Record Yourself While Presenting A PowerPoint – Useful Tips
Since technology is way better today than it was before, people take advantage of it. You can now easily catch up with your family and friends who are miles from you by chatting or video chatting with them. Aside from these advantages, offices also benefit from technology. This is the reason why people, especially employees, video record themselves when presenting a PowerPoint. If you’re new to this, you might be wondering how to video record yourself presenting a PowerPoint. To find out, read until the end.
Tips to Make Your Video Interesting
Learning how to video record yourself presenting a PowerPoint is not an easy task. It would help if you make your presentation an interesting one. Here are tips that might help you:
- Make sure to always think of your audience when you create your presentation by asking yourself how you can make your audience interested and participate in your topic. Don’t put unnecessary things in your presentation or anything that can distract them from listening
- Aside from creating a good presentation, make your audience engaged by telling jokes once in a while or make the discussion lively.
- Prepare for it. Don’t just go there with the ‘come what may’ thinking. Make sure to have an outline for your presentation. You can also prepare videos and pictures if you think those can help you with your presentation.
- Don’t forget to practice. Make sure that you’ll get to speak clearly and confidently in front of your audience. You can also make a script, but make sure that you don’t just read it while presenting.
Presenting a PowerPoint via Video Recording
To know how to video record yourself presenting a PowerPoint, here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial:
- Put on your earphones first, and set up your webcam. Use a teleprompter. If you don’t have one, there are many prompter apps that you can download on your cellphone.
- Video record your presentation by downloading a screen recording or video editing tool, then click the ‘Record button’ on the toolbar.
- After recording your video narration, you can adjust the duration of each slide or even delete it by just clicking the ‘Manage narration’ button on the toolbar.
- You can also add videos or anything that can make your presentation interesting by clicking the ‘Slideshow button’ in the menu bar.
- To publish your video, click the ‘Publish button’ on the toolbar. This will also allow you to convert your presentation into .mp4 video.
Take Advantage of This Knowledge
Learning how to video record yourself presenting a PowerPoint is a skill anyone, especially employees, should master. Nowadays, you can never tell how a disaster, calamity, and even pandemic can stop everyone from working. Having this skill is an advantage not everyone can grasp, so take advantage of it, and tell this to your friends and co-workers. Remember, sharing is caring.