This RCA All-in-One DVD/VCR Player plays DVDs, video cassettes and audio CDs. Front audio/video inputs provide convenient connections for your camcorder, video game player, an additional VCR or other video source. Features: VHS tape, DVD, CD, VCD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 and JPEG compatibility; Dolby Digital and DTS compatibility; progressive scan DVD; YpbPr component video outputs; parental rating control; 4-head studio VCR; double azimuth video system for jitter-free special effects during still/pause, slow motion and forward/reverse search functions; VHS hi-fi stereo recording/playback; 2 high-speed rotating audio heads for dramatically improved dynamic range, frequency response, and signal-to-noise ratio; 3:2 pull down; JPEG and MP3 (photo & music) combination play; digital photo view with zoom, rotation, slide show; optical and coaxial digital audio outputs; trilingual user-friendly on-screen display (English, Spanish, French); auto clock set; RF cable; and DVD/TV/VCR remote control.
The RCA DRC6100N DVD/VCR combo lets you enjoy the features of DVD without saying goodbye to the VCR. The DVD player includes Digital Cinema and Video Mode Progressive Scan, which help to eliminate scan lines on a video image and produce a cleaner, sharper picture than the standard interlaced process. The VCR portion of this combo features four heads for optimized playback and recording and hi-fi VHS audio playback.
The DVD player has special effects such as multispeed fast forward/rewind and multispeed slow motion and zoom. The SRS TruSurround feature gives you the surround sound experience of a six-speaker home theater system with a two-speaker stereo configuration. Optical and digital coaxial audio outputs provide six-channel Dolby Digital or DTS Digital output.
The DVD player is capable of playing the following types of discs: DVDs, audio CDs, Video CDs (VCDs), CD-R/RW, and DVD+RW. Additionally, it can play MP3 and WMA (Windows Media Audio) files and view JPEG images. With RCA's Digital PhotoView feature, you can view a slide show of still images on your television--even accompanied with your favorite MP3s.
The RCA DRC6100N DVD/VCR combo has the following connections: S-Video out, VCR in (line 1), DVD/VCR out, component-video out (for DVD output only), and audio out (optical and coaxial).
Other features include:
- Included remote will operate most RCA, GE, and Proscan TVs in addition to the DVD/VCR combo
- Front-panel headphone jack
- 96kHz, 24-bit D/A Converter
- Progressive scan: Also called sequential scanning, a progressive-scan system displays the entire image--providing all the horizontal lines per frame, rather than every other line--once every 60th of a second. This method reduces flicker and increases stability. Progressive-scan viewing requires a compatible digital TV.
- Component video: Unlike a single video input, component video maintains the video signal as three separate signals through these three jacks. This connection provides optimum quality. To ensure maximum picture quality, use three video-grade cables for the Y, Pb, and Pr connections.
- Four-head VCR: A VCR requires two video heads to record a picture. With four heads, a VCR can perform special effects like slow motion and freeze frame, and it is optimized for recording and playback in both the SP (2-hour) and SLP (6-hour) modes. You'll also get a better picture from rental videos with a four-head VCR.
- Hi-fi VHS: The standard VHX format with Dolby Surround Pro-Logic encoded in the stereo audio channels, which produces near-CD-quality sound. You'll need an A/V receiver with Dolby Surround Pro-Logic decoding to take full advantage of this feature.
- VCD: Video CD (VCD) is a video standard that can store audio and video to a compact disc (rather than a DVD disc) using MPEG-1 compression. You can fit up to 74 minutes of video with audio onto a VCD-formatted CD, but you can expect the video quality to be similar to that of a VHS videotape.
What's in the Box
RCA DRC6100N DVD/VCR combo, remote control with two AA batteries, RCA cable for audio/video connection, and user's manual.